- ½ mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup milk (I used soy)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (I used a combination of maple syrup and agave syrup because I ran out of maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ¾ cups spelt flour + ¼ cup corn flour (you could probably use wheat flour instead and no corn flour; this is what I had and used)
- Large handful of pumpkin seeds
- Small handful of sunflower seeds
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Handful of dried cranberries
- 1 cup huckleberries
- 1 zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin.
- Mash banana; dice up zucchini and add to bowl
- Place mashed banana and zucchini into medium bowl with the milk, vinegar, maple syrup, and vanilla..
- If coconut oil isn’t already in liquid form, melt it
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda). **I have a vitamix and tossed the pumpkin and sunflower seeds in with the spelt and corn flour and ground it all into a flour. If you don’t have a vitamix you could just omit the seeds. I added them for extra nutrition and maybe flavor
- Stir coconut oil into the wet mixture. Pour wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and stir until justcombined.
- Fold in huckleberries and dried cranberries
- Spoon about a heaping 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin tin, filling each tin about 3/4 full. I had leftover batter and no more muffin tins, so I made a small loaf of it too in a glass container
- Bake at 350F for approximately 20 minutes—might vary based on oven. My oven runs really hot, so you might need more time (or less!).
- Let them cool before removing from muffin tray
Caitlin says, "I modified this recipe from this one here": http://ohsheglows.com/2014/
02/19/blissful-blueberry- banana-spelt-muffins-vegan- refined-sugar-free/# ixzz3kbBDQEom